The growing hospitality industry provides countless career opportunities for those trained and qualified as a kitchen professional. Goodwill’s Culinary Arts Program helps motivated students carve out a career that provides job security in a collaborative, creative environment.
Learn valuable culinary techniques from trained chef-instructors in Goodwill’s professionally equipped kitchen. The 20-week course allows students to learn all aspects of the culinary arts, providing hands-on training with frequent one-on-one instruction.
- Accepts candidates from all walks of life, including those facing a wide variety of obstacles and challenges.
- Classes are bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Interactive approach takes place in a fully equipped, commercial kitchen with two instructors and a maximum of eight students.
- Students gain valuable work experience in catering and events management at the Monterey Bay Events Center, including weddings and corporate events.
- Curriculum includes ServSafe certification from the National Restaurant Association, a mandatory certificate in the food service industry.
- Program provides job preparation and placement services to gain employment upon completion of the course.